Deadline: 30 November 2017Number of visits: 1110
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) invites applications from suitably qualified nationals of African countries to fill the vacant position of BILINGUAL EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT in its pan-African Secretariat located in Dakar, Senegal. Recognised as the premier centre on the continent for the generation and dissemination of multidisciplinary social science and humanities knowledge, CODESRIA has, over the years, undergone an exponential growth in programmes, finances and membership. Under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary, the successful candidate will serve as a bilingual executive assistant to the Office of the Executive Secretary, providing secretarial and office administrative/management duties.
1. She/he will be required to:
• Type and proofread documents, reports, correspondences, messages, queries, etc. as may be required by assigned supervisors ;
• Draft responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the Executive Secretary;
• Receive guests/visitors/staff and provide them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures;
• Maintain a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents;
• Answer and screen telephone calls/e-mail messages and ensure follow-up with the Executive Secretary;
• Keep an up-to-date diary of appointments for the Executive Secretary;
• Provide day-to-day routine administrative support to various work units of the assigned programmes/departments/Units, and
• Undertake any other task assigned to him/her by the Executive Secretary.
2. Academic/Technical Competencies/Qualifications:
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in English, plus an advanced certificate in Secretarial Studies;
• A higher qualification will be an added advantage;
• Typing speed: a minimum of 50 words per minutes;
• Excellent secretarial and office management skills, and
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Fluency either in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
3. Other Relevant Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
Be very respectful of rules of confidentiality;
• Good knowledge of the workings of international organizations;
• Capacity to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent computer experience in using Microsoft office applications;
• Good planning and organisational skills;
• Efficient and well organized personality and
• Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
4. Job conditions
The level of remuneration will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidates. However, CODESRIA offers good remuneration similar to those in international organizations.
5. How to apply :
The candidate should provide the following documents:
i. A letter of application;
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae including the qualifications and experiences;
iii. Copies of certificates of all indicated qualifications, and
iv. Three reference letters.
Other supporting documents may be required prior to recruitment.
The application should be sealed and submitted before 30 November 2017 (with indication on the envelop of the position applied for) to
The Executive Secretary
Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop X Canal IV
P.O. Box 3304 CP 18524
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.