Deadline: 30 November 2017Number of visits: 22808
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) invites applications from suitably qualified nationals of African countries to fill the vacant position of ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN CHARGE OF RECEPTION AND MAILS in its pan-African Secretariat located in Dakar, Senegal. Recognised as the premier centre on the continent for the generation and dissemination of multidisciplinary social science and humanities knowledge, CODESRIA has, over the years, undergone an exponential growth in programmes, finances and membership. Under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary and the Director of Administration and Finance, the successful candidate will serve as a bilingual administrative assistant, providing office administrative/management duties for CODESRIA.
1. She/he will be required to:
• Receive, assist and direct all visitors to the CODESRIA Head office;
• Receive, register and distribute the institutional mail;
• Manage the telephone switchboard (reception and distribution of telephone calls);
• Receive, register, dispatch and file all fax messages received or sent from any of the programs in collaboration with the program assistants;
• Receive and dispatch correspondences, packages and courier parcels;
• Manage and follow-up DHL invoices
• Follow up Post Office invoices in collaboration with the store room manager;
• Forward and follow-up of service providers’ invoices for certification;
• Manage and coordinate the CODESRIA official drivers’ diaries;
• Assist participants of CODESRIA institutes, conferences and other meeting held at the Council’s Headquarters;
• Receive and manage staff attendance forms;
• Organize the transport for CODESRIA staff and equipment;
• Manage, pay and reconcile the monthly telephone and internet bills;
• Manage the CODESRIA Suggestion Box;
• File all documents related to the above-mentioned tasks;
• Perform any other duties as delegated by the Executive Secretary.
2. Academic/Technical Competencies/Qualifications:
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree or an equivalent, plus an advanced certificate in administrative Studies;
• Excellent administrative and office management skills;
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
• Fluency either in English or French with a working knowledge of the other.
3. Other Relevant Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Be very respectful of rules of confidentiality;
• Good knowledge of the workings of international organizations;
• Excellent capacity to supervise general services staff ;
• Capacity to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft office applications;
• Good planning and organisational skills;
• Efficient and well organized personality and
• Demonstrable ability to work within tight deadlines.
4. Job conditions
The level of remuneration will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate. However, CODESRIA offers good remuneration similar to those in international organizations.
5. How to apply:
The candidate should provide the following documents:
i. A letter of application;
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the qualifications obtained;
iii. Copies of certificates of all indicated qualifications, and
iv. Three reference letters.
Other supporting documents may be required prior to recruitment.
Application should be sealed and submitted before 30 November 2017 (with indication on the envelop of the position applied for) to:
The Executive Secretary
Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop X Canal IV
P.O. Box 3304 CP 18524
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.