Vacancy Announcements: Accountant – (Third Party Supplies)
Call for applicationsNumber of visits: 1400
Application Deadline: 13th July 2018
This announcement replace the previous one which has been withdraw.
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) invites applications from suitably qualified nationals of African countries to fill two (2) vacant position of ACCOUNTANT- THIRD PARTY SUPPLIES and ACCOUNTANT – TREASURY SERVICES in its pan-African Secretariat located in Dakar, Senegal. Recognised as the premier centre on the continent for the generation and dissemination of multidisciplinary social science and humanities knowledge, CODESRIA has, over the years, undergone an exponential growth in programmes, finances and membership. Under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary, the successful candidates will serve as accountants, providing office administrative accountancy /management duties for CODESRIA.
CODESRIA seeks applications from interested candidates for the position of Accountant- Third Party Supplies in the Administration and Finance Department.
- Perform all bookkeeping duties related to account analysis;
- Verification of analytical charges over budget;
- Preparation of orders of payment;
- Preparation of orders of payment of salary and transfers ;
- Reception and control of vouchers and accounting;
- Imputation and registration of funds received ;
- Manage order and payment vouchers and various accounting documents ;
- Monitor and manage contracts and accounts of researchers, laureates and suppliers ;
- Checking disbursement reports of meetings, conferences, seminars ;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Maintaining the cash book
- Analysis/reconciliation of expenditure accounts
- Prepare regularly donor financial reports for submission to the Chief Accountant ;
- Together with other colleagues in the Accounts Unit, produce the monthly and annual financial statements ;
- Payment of per diems, various refunds and expenses to researchers for meetings organized by the Council;
- Liaise with other programmes on a range of issues;
- File all documents related to the various tasks ;
- Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors and by the Executive Secretary ;
Qualifications and Competencies: The successful candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications: Masters in accountancy, audit or Equivalent + 5 years work experience in an accounting environment from any recognized higher education institution;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SYSCOA;
- In-depth knowledge of banking systems ;
- Mastery of software for account registration ;
- Competency in relevant information technology systems ;
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of the book keeping process ;
- Demonstrable knowledge of standard accounting software;
- Strong interpersonal skills ;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook ;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word ;
- Fluency either in English, French or Portuguese and a working knowledge of one of the others;
- Candidates with a keen interest in the social sciences and humanities hold an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application letters and comprehensive resume and copies of their university certificates No later than Friday 13th July 2018 to:
The Executive Secretary
Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop X Canal IV
P.O. Box 3304 CP 18524
For more information contact the Office of the Executive Secretary.