Call for Panels 11th Iberian Conference in African Studies, Lisbon, 2-4 July 2020
Number of visits: 1154
The 11th Iberian Conference on African Studies CIEA will take place in Lisbon in 2020 from 2 to 4 July, at the School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon. It will be held by the Center for History of the University of Lisbon (CH-ULisboa).
The first CIEA edition took place in 1991 and throughout its ten editions it has become one of the most important scientific meetings on African Studies in Europe. Taking place regularly in Spain (10th edition was in Granada, 2018) and in Portugal, each edition brings together hundreds of participants. The last one was held by AFRICAInEs: Investigación y Estudios Aplicados al Desarollo, Universidade de Granada, and took place in January 2018.
The 11th CIEA is entitled African Transits in the Global World: History and Memories, Heritage and Innovation.
- Proceedings of the Eleventh Iberian Conference on African Studies – CIEA11
- CIEA11 Program includes plenary sessions – 3 keynote speakers and 3 round tables – and parallel sessions of panels proposed by participants within the Conference theme: African Transits in the Global World: History and Memories, Heritage and Innovation.
- There will be an additional plenary session to discuss the foundation of an African Studies Iberian Association.
- A parallel Cultural Programme will be announced later.
Professors, researchers, students and other interested professionals on the conference subjects, are invited to participate in CIEA11, proposing a panel or submitting a paper within a panel.
- Call for panels: September 2 to November 4, 2019
- Call for panels click panels
Panel Abstracts will be evaluated and selected by the Scientific Committee
Panels approval: December 2
- Call for papers: December 9, 2019 to February 24, 2020
- Call for papers click papers
Paper Abstracts will be evaluated and selected by the Panel Convenors.
Papers approval: March 9, 2020
Final information on the overall programme: March 23, 2020
- Early Bird Registration: March 24 to April 30, 2020
- Late Bird Registration: May 4 to June 5, 2020
- Abstracts are accepted in the following languages: Portuguese, Castilian, English or French. Papers can be presented in one of these four languages; however, simultaneous translation will not be available.
- The panel proposals might have two convenors maximum and should be open to paper proposals. The registration of the convenors is mandatory.
- Each participant may submit only one panel and paper abstract proposals.
- Abstracts, both of panels and papers, should not exceed 300 words, with the first 50 words for a short abstract and the remaining 250 words for a long abstract.