Deadline: Before 15 October 2016
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) invites applications to fill the following local position within the Secretariat:
1. IT Manager
Responsibilities and expectations
Under the overall authority of the Executive Secretary and the direct supervision of the Programmes and Departments concerned, the employee will be expected to contribute actively and significantly to the day-to-day management of CODESRIA’s programmes that fall within their portfolio. They will also be required to play key roles in enhancing the quality of the Council’s programmes and activities for which they have been recruited.
The candidates must possess:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills,
• Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity,
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, and,
• Have a good knowledge of English or French and an ability to communicate in the other.
1. IT Manager
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programmes, CODESRIA Documentation and Information Centre (CODICE), the IT Manager will be providing IT support to CODESRIA’s activities.
He/or she will be required to:
• Manage the information technology and systems of CODESRIA;
• Troubleshoot the hardware, software and network systems;
• Provide orientation/training to users of the information technology;
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources in CODESRIA;
• Help in hiring and managing information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems;
• Design and manage web services, including social media applications and discussion forums, and,
• Undertake any other IT-related tasks that are important to CODESRIA.
• Have a master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in computer science, information technology/science, or other and,
• Have at least eight (8) years of working experience in a similar organisation.
c. Other Relevant Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good knowledge of the workings of international organisations;
• Capacity to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment;
• Excellent computer experience in using Microsoft office applications;
• Good planning and organisational skills;
• Efficient and well organized personality and
• Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
2. Operating conditions
The level of remuneration will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidates. However, CODESRIA offers good remuneration similar to those in international organizations.
3. Application procedure
The candidate should provide the following documents:
i. A letter of application;
ii. A detailed curriculum vitae;
iii. Copies of certificates of all indicated qualifications, and
iv. Three reference letters.
Other supporting documents may be required prior to recruitment.
The application should be sealed and submitted before 15 October 2016 to
The Executive Secretary
Avenue Cheikh Anta Diop X Canal IV
P.O. Box 3304 CP 18524
Kindly note that this is a locally-filled position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.